1301 Homestead Road North,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Lehigh Village Cinema 6 was a modern replacement for a neighboring Lehigh Cinema which had operated first as a single screen theater opening in 1971 as a Jerry Lewis Cinema, and closing as a twin screen operation in 2005. That location became home to local law enforcement. But a new-build six-screen theater was announced in 1996 as part of $10 million Village at Lehigh project.
In the heat of the multiplex era run by huge chain circuits, it must have been quaint to see a six-screen, independently operated theater open on May 1, 1998. The Lehigh Village Cinema Six opened with two 150-seat auditoriums and four 120-seat houses. The theatre went out of business in about a year’s time and the property owner converted two of the auditoriums for other purposes.
A new independent operator came in and spent $250,000 upgrading the facility to a four-screen Leigh Village Cinema relaunching November 17, 2000. That operation failed going out of business less than a year later on May 24, 2001.
StarNet Theatres of Jacksonville was next to try and find the magic. It opened the Lehigh Cinemas on May 31, 2003. Just under a year later, StarNet was taken over by Dickinson Theatres on May 28, 2004. It was Dickinson’s first Florida theater. They tried to get the neighboring space back to restore the six-screen facility. When they failed, Dickinson continued to operate the Lehigh Cinemas as a four-plex.
Dickinson Circuit closed the Lehigh Cinemas on May 7, 2006. That was it for the four-plex.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater