No one has favorited this theater yet
The town of Battle Creek first saw motion pictures at its Main Street Opera House back in 1903 that were lightly attended. It was served by a long-running Airdome Theatre in the warm months. And on September 28, 1934, it got its first hardtop sound movie theatre originally to be called the Gregory Theatre. It actually opened as the Iris Theatre - “The House of Good Pictures. The Zazu Pitts starring film, "Their Big Moment”, launched the venue.
Business was less than expected. By December, showtimes were halved with weekend operation only. The Iris Theatre closed on January 20th, 1935 with “Caravan: An Operetta” supported by a two reel comedy and Fox news reel. The business was retrofitted for other retail purposes. In May of 1935, the Airdome Theatre reopened for another season. And the town would get its final hardtop theatre in 1940 when local merchants launched the Community Theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater