1260 Nostrand Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
This was a Brooklyn neighborbood theater on Nostrand Avenue at Robinson Street which opened in September 1915, seating 1,100 people. It was designed by architect Arthur E. Carlson.
Aterations to the exterior was carried out by architct R. Thomas Short in July 1920. It was run as a Glynne & Ward house being taken over by Loew’s Inc. in 1927 until 1944 when it went dark for a few months reopening as Century’s Linden Theatre.
Further alterations were carried out in June 1948 by architect J.M. McNamara. It was booked in the 1940’s and 1950’s as the Farragut with fourth run double features. It had been a second class Loew’s house in the booking scheme and kept its position under Century. It lasted into 1955, and became a bingo parlor for a while.
The name Linden reflected its location just north of Linden Boulevard. It was renamed so that it would not be Century’s Century Theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater