545 N. Market Boulevard,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Although there was a Grand Theatre in the Twin City of Centralia, the future Grand Theatre in Chehalis opened January 30, 1911, as the Dream Theatre and was listed on the Sanborn Maps by 1912.
The Daily Chronicle noted the Dream Theatre was closed for a few months after the Fox Centralia Theatre opened in September 1930. As reported, the theatre, located in the Hotel Washington (built 1889), was taken over by Rae Peacock in December 1930 and renamed the Peacock Theatre.
In January 1934 Mr. Peacock disposed of his interests in the theatre to the Twin City Theatre Company, who renamed it the Grand Theatre. The Grand Theatre in Centralia, had already been closed by this time.
On July13, 1938, it was reported C.L. Griffin had taken a 10 year lease on the Grand Theatre and by 1940 Film Daily Year Book listed the 284 seat theatre as closed.
Located in the Downtown Historic District, the Hotel Washington has been most recently home to the Vintage Grand Room, Mackinaw’s restaurant, and the Bliss Salon, where a fading ‘Theatre’ name can be seen on the bricks.
Vintage photographs show a third floor, which after a fire in 1997 was removed and a rooftop patio created in 2005.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater