Regina Palast Cinerama
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Walle district of Bremen. The Regina Kino was opened on 28th August 1957 with “Vier Madels aus der Wachau” (Four Girls from the Wachau). It was designed to the plans of architects Willhelm Wort & Eric Schott and was operated by J. Heinrich Rhode.
In October 1960 a 3-strip Cinemiracle system and a standard 35mm projector by Bauer were installed. The number of seats was reduced from 709 to 566. The Cinemiracle FP projectors were by Phillips. A 7-channel stereophonic sound system was added. The Cinemiracle production “Windjammer: The Voyage of the Christian Radich” ran for 25 weeks. After that 35mm films were screened.
In June 1961 a 3-strip Cinerama system was installed and the cinema was re-named Regina Palast Cinerama. In December 1962 two Norelco Phillips DP projectors for 35mm & 70mm film were installed, On 21st December 1962 premiered the first German 70mm production “Flying Clipper” in MCS 70 system at the Regina.
The Norelco Phillips projectors were replaced in 1965 cy two Universal projectors U2 by Bauer also for 35mm & 70mm film. In 1967 the operation of the cinema was taken over by Bremer Filmtheaterbetreibgesellschat Richard Billerbeck & Co, located in Hanover.
The Cinema was closed on 30th April 1983. In September 1983 it began use as a Kafu supermarket and later as a Penny discounter supermarket.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater