Bishop Theatre

1814 W. Ogden Avenue,
Chicago, IL 60612

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

Khnemu
Khnemu on September 16, 2017 at 2:50 pm

The Bishop was open prior to 1914 as it is listed in an ad for Mutual Film in the Chicago Tribune dated December 7, 1913 showing theaters screening Mutual pictures.

The theater may have closed before the mid-1930s, per this blurb from Motion Picture News dated October 12, 1929:

“The Bishop, 1840 Ogden Avenue, has closed for an indefinite period.”

LouRugani
LouRugani on November 2, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Built in 1914 for owner Chauncey Bishop and designed by Perry and Thomas, architects.