Mother Lode Theatre

316 W. Park Street,
Butte, MT 59701

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 11 comments

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on November 30, 2017 at 8:35 pm

Link & Haire, original architects.

rivest266
rivest266 on November 30, 2017 at 7:02 pm

Closed down as Bow in 1961 and reopened as Fox again on December 21st, 1962. Grand opening ad in the photo section. In 1978 Mann sells their theatres in the area to Carisch theatres and closed down in 1981. It reopened under new management in 1982 and split into two cinemas opening on August 1st, 1984.

rivest266
rivest266 on November 30, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Closed down as Bow in 1961 and reopened as Fox again on December 21st, 1962. Grand opening ad in the photo section.

rivest266
rivest266 on November 30, 2017 at 5:27 pm

This reopened as the Bow on September 25th, 1953. Grand opening ad in the photo section and below.

Found on Newspapers.com

rivest266
rivest266 on November 29, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Also opened as Temple on September 6th, 1924. Grand opening ad in the photo section.

rivest266
rivest266 on November 29, 2017 at 4:52 pm

Reopened as Fox on December 7th, 1929

Found on Newspapers.com

and

Found on Newspapers.com

DavidZornig
DavidZornig on November 14, 2015 at 7:48 pm

Accodring to the history in the below link, it was the Temple, Fox, Bow, Fox again, and finally Mother Lode.

http://butte-anacondanhld.blogspot.com/2013/03/mother-lode-theater-315-w-park.html

DavidZornig
DavidZornig on November 14, 2015 at 7:45 pm

It was also called the Bow Theatre in the late `50’s, photo added courtesy of Copper City .Com Facebook page. And it was the Fox in 1932, photo credit Smithers added.

Both Fox and Bow should be added as AKA’s.

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on October 16, 2014 at 8:38 pm

The September 13, 1924, issue of Exhibitors Trade Review said that the Temple Theatre in Butte was practically completed and would have its formal opening soon. The theater was designed by the firm of Link & Haire (John G. Link and Charles S. Haire.)

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on October 16, 2014 at 8:27 pm

We’re missing the aka Temple Theatre mentioned in the description.

GaryParks
GaryParks on March 24, 2007 at 9:45 pm

When I saw and photographeed the exterior of this theatre in 1981, there was a 1940s vertical FOX sign and wedge-shaped marquee attached to the abovementioned columned facade. The theatre was still showing movies at that time, at bargain prices. There was also a huge brick theatre a few blocks away called the Montana, which looked to be of ‘teens vintage. It too, had a 1940s-looking vertical and marquee. The Montana, however, was closed, and looked like it had been for some time.