Jacob Burns Film Center
364 Manville Road,
4 people favorited this theater
The old Rome Theater has reopened as the Jacob Burns Film Center after local resident Steve Apkon led a $5 million drive to reopen the theater as a home for independent, foreign, and classic films in this sleepy Westchester town.
The recent renovations have now yielded a three-screen treasure, which has reduced the original auditorium size, which once seated 459 to a roomy 260 seats. Two additional auditoriums, seating 145 and 70 respectively, have also been added. Plans also call for a café and film library to be constructed on the second floor, in the near future, as well as a television studio which will be built next door. By 201 it had added two more screens.
The historic Rome Theater was originally built in 1925 and continued to show movies until its demise in 1987. The theater is best known for its classic Spanish Mission façade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater