511 Main Street,
3 people favorited this theater
Architects: Thomas White Lamb
Previous Names: Loew's State Theatre, Shea's Century Theatre, 20th Century Theatre, New Century Theatre
News About This Theater
- Mar 31, 2013 — "2001: A Space Odyssey" 45th Anniversary – The Cinerama Engagements
- Mar 17, 2013 — “South Pacific” 55th Anniversary – The Roadshow Engagements
- Jan 9, 2013 — REMEMBERING CINERAMA (Part 55: Buffalo)
- Oct 13, 2010 — Happy 55th, Todd-AO & "Oklahoma!"
- Oct 30, 2009 — Happy 50th, "Sleeping Beauty"
Operated down the street from Loew’s Teck Theatre, Broadway Theatre and Shea’s Theatre, this opened as Loew’s State Theatre in October 1921. It had a chandelier in its day. It closed as a movie theatre in 1970, and was then used by Harvey & Corky Productions for rock concerts. Recall the balcony would pulsate up and down if audience stamped their feet (waiting for encore, etc.) During the same time would show movies on Saturday nights, targeting the same rock concert audiences. Demolished and Burger King restaurant now occupies the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.