Shea's Teck Theatre
766 Main Street,
4 people favorited this theater
Styles: Romanesque Revival
Previous Names: Music Hall, Shubert Teck Theatre, Loew's Teck Theatre
News About This Theater
Built as the Music Hall in 1887, it was designed in a Romanesque Revival style by architect Richard Alfred Waite. It was remodeled in 1946 as Shea’s Teck Theatre to the designs of architect B. Frank Kelly. It was converted for 3-projector Cinerama in the 1950’s and ran all films made in that format (both 3 projector and single projector) until the Cinerama era was over. Subsequently it ran “normal” films on the curved screen leftover from “single projector” Cinerama.
The theatre was demolished in the aftermath of the destruction of Buffalo, N.Y. Main Street during the disastrous building of a subway system. Because of the extended construction public access to that and other historic downtown Buffalo theatres was totally cut off causing their bankruptcy and forcing the theatre going public to attend films in suburban multiplexes.
The lot where the Teck Theatre stood is currently empty and covered with weeds.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.