E. College Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened around 1910 in a building that formerly housed a livery stable as the Capital City, the theatre was purchased by C.E. Daffin in 1914 and renamed the Daffin Theatre with 600 seats. In 1932, it was remodeled and renamed State Theatre, reopening February 13, 1932 with Carol Lonbard in “No One Man”. It was short lived as it was destroyed in a blaze on December 5, 1932.
A new and larger State Theatre was built on the site, designed in Art Deco style, including a stylish marquee that reached across the entire front of the building, five sculpted panels on the facade, and a two-story tall vertical sign. The second State Theatre was built for E.J. Sparks, a subsidiary of Paramount Pictures Inc. It opened with Grace Moore in “One Night of Love” and operated as a movie house until closing in March 1972. It was razed in 1988.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater