Oak Park Theatre
1500 4th Avenue NW,
2 people favorited this theater
The Oak Park Theatre located on the 1500 block of 4th Avenue NW, sits across from the large park by the same name. The theatre opened as a first run theatre in 1961 seating 700. It was closed in 1980 when manager Al Schon was operating it for Carisch Theaters out of Minneapolis, MN. They had built a new multiplex in a shopping centre and didn’t want to compete with itself.
It became a church for one year, and in 1983 it became a pool hall until 2000. It was then remodeled back into a theatre seating 500 showing sub-run movies. It showed two features a day with seperate admissions for each film. There was also a party room for birthdays and special occasions. It was closed by flooding in 2011.
Under new ownership by former manager Al Schon and after a huge renovation, it reopened February 24, 2017. Now with a reduced seating capacity for 250, it has digital projection & sound and operates 4 shows daily in summertime and vacation time.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater