Capitol Theatre

101 North Sixth Street,
St. Louis, MO 63101

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 1 comment

JAlex on November 10, 2015 at 9:46 am

Years of operation were 1921 to 1953. Architects the firm of Wedemeyer & Nelson. Seating capacity of 929. The first Vitaphone film, “Don Juan”, was exhibited here on first-run in 1926. Theatre was bought by Famous & Barr to expand its parking facilities. Theatre demolished in 1956.