2036 14th Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: F.H. Trimble
Styles: Mediterranean Revival
Previous Names: Florida Theatre, Theatre Plaza
Opened as the 800-seat Florida Theatre on October 20, 1924 with Lon Chaney in “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”. The theatre currently seats 312. The architect for the Florida Theatre was F.H. Trimble. It is a two story flat roofed building with parapet and walls finished in white stucco. Following a remodel it reopened as the Florida Theatre on November 13, 1936.
This was the second movie theatre to grace the streets of Vero Beach. It is also one of the few remaining buildings left in the original downtown. By 1953 the Florida Theatre was operated by the Talgar Theatre Company chain. By 1968 it was operated by Kent Theatres Inc.
It was added to the National Historic Register in 1992. It functioned as a live performance center. By 2023 the building had been gutted and was used for storage. Other parts of the building contain retail use and office space.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.