Showing 3,401 - 3,425 of 3,540 comments
Some pictures of the theatre when it was the Roxy in 1947:
Pictures of the Audion from 1943 from the Ontario Archives:
Some additional photos from the Ontario Archives circa 1947:
Function should be changed to live performances.
A 1944 picture from the Ontario Archives:
Pictures of the Classic Theatre in Cobalt, the first two circa 1947, the other two from some earlier date:
A picture of the Grand’s interior from 1949:
Two 1947 pictures from the Ontario Archives:
Two pictures from the Ontario Archives of the Classic Theatre in
Owen Sound from 1947:
Four 1947 pictures from the Ontario Archives:
A slightly more direct link to the pictures Warren referred to:
and two more from the Ontario Archives:
Some 1947 pictures from the Ontario Archives:
Three pictures of the theatre from 1947:
This entry should be removed; it was once the O'Brien’s Theatre but it is already listed as the O'Brien Theatre which the current name.
It may be the same peron who does (or did) the marquee changing at he Neptune in Seattle; similar humorous commentary used to (perhaps still does) appear on that marquee.
This theatre was twinned in 1979; closed in 1999. Screens should be 2.
Sorry; wrong URL. THe correct one is:
A picture of what used to be the front of this theatre can be seen here:
There are several pictures and comments here. It appears that the theater space has now been completely gutted out.
It spent the decade or so of the last part of its life as a $1 theatre.
This theatre originally opened as a five-plex in 1976 and was operated by United Artists. Its entry was inside the mall; it was later expanded to a ten-plex
and management was taken over by Jack Loeks Theatres.
Fairlane Mall is a multi-level mall and there was for a time two different entries to the screening rooms depending on what level the particular cinema was located, which was an awkward layout. The cinemas themselves were undistinguished in decor and by the end of the complex’s life had become very shabby.
The theatre complex closed in 2000 or 2001, esssentially replaced by a new 21-screen theatre, originally operated by Loew’s Cineplex (which had a substantial part ownership of Loeks). It’s now operated by AMC. That theatre was built immediately adjacent to the part of the mall where the originally Fairlane theaters were, but I do not know if the new theatre occupies any of that space. The new theatre’s entry is outside the mall.
Two pictures from 1947:
An exterior picture from 1944:
A 1947 picture from the Ontraio Archives when it was the Trent:
A picture from the Ontario Archives from 1944:
It could have been created out of storefronts, but it looks purpose-built.