AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

mhvbear
mhvbear on May 5, 2016 at 4:44 pm

There are no plans for installation of recliners in the IMAX. New seating is planned on being installed but they are not going to want to decrease the capacity by 50%. Then tickets would have to be $42 to make the nut,

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 5, 2016 at 12:29 pm

Also reserved seating makes it a plus. The audio speakers are also more spacious than most digital imax theaters in smaller multiplexes. I can’t wait until they install recliners in the imax as well as laser projection. Prices at the LS are higher than other theaters in the northeast. The most expensive are 3D, Atmos, and IMAX. Maybe Dolby Cinema at AMC could come to LS.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on May 5, 2016 at 7:40 am

I believe no differencees in terms of image quality and brightness since they are using the same projector, but the size of the image may be slightly bigger at LS( although the screen is 100ft wide, the image only takes around 80ft—similar to most other IMAX theaters) And LS also got a bigger auditorium with more people coming there, so the atmosphere may be better for some fans.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 4, 2016 at 11:52 am

How does the digital imax at LS compare to Rockaway? The one in Rockaway is big and great for widescreen scope movies as well as flat movies too.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on May 3, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Wish there could be a 70mm version of Civil War, but sadly only digital and laser imax were made. No doubt the digital IMAX at LS13 will be the best available format in NYC since no civil war at Dolby cinema at empire 25( both formats are really good tho)

amcbayplaza13
amcbayplaza13 on May 2, 2016 at 1:30 pm

So the captain America civil war movie gonna be showing in IMAX.at AMC LS 13,34th street 14 and kips Bay 15

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on May 2, 2016 at 11:34 am

With AMC Empire 25 not showing Civil War in imax, this theater, along with its sister theaters in Kips Bay and 34th Street, will show it in digital liemax.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 29, 2016 at 11:29 am

alpinedownhiller, you mean the one in rockaway right? They are showing it one showtime in the morning followed by jungle book for the rest of the days. Next weekend captain america civil war arrives and there’s split showtimes between imax 2d and imax 3d.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on April 28, 2016 at 7:54 am

I also feel it’s weird since LS13 hosted the premiere and has the 70mm film projector. And they had the poster of A Beautiful Planet on for a long time. Maybe because this documentary is limited release, and the jungle book will have better box office? it’s kind of disappointing since seeing it in that gigantic 1.44:1 screen will be an unbelievable visual experience.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on April 27, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Weird since the Digital Xenon IMAX will be showing Beautiful Planet at my local theater in NJ!

On a side note Laser IMAX is pretty incredible! Don’t knock it. Laser IMAX 3D is the single best 3D format I have ever seen by far! Zero ghosting, deep blacks, it the closest feel to simply being there and looking with your own eyes I’ve experienced yet. It’s honestly better than 15/70 IMAX 3D.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on April 27, 2016 at 9:56 am

This weekend’s showtime has been released, and A Beautiful Planet won’t be shown here. I guess there will be no more 70mm IMAX since Laser IMAX will be coming late summer.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on April 18, 2016 at 4:55 pm

@macnut222 Thanks, that’s great to hear.I will check it out this weekend. guess 70mm IMAX > laser IMAX >= Dolby Cinema > Digital IMAX > all the other formats. But it’s disappointing that Dolby cinema at empire 25 won’t be showing Civil War.

macnut222
macnut222 on April 18, 2016 at 12:38 pm

@waterguy56. I saw TJB in Dolby. Awesome! Best 3D I’ve seen, definitely better than digital IMAX IMO. Really looking forward to seeing what IMAX with Laser will give us.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on April 17, 2016 at 10:30 am

It will still be lie IMAX for the Jungle Book next week. I watched it yesterday, many scenes look really dark in the digital IMAX 3D. I heard Dolby Cinema at empire 25 is a much better format than the digital IMAX since it’s laser projection. I’m just gonna watch TJB again next week at Dolby. If Dolby is indeed better than digital IMAX, I may choose Dolby over digital IMAX for the rest of the blockbusters until Lincoln Square finish its laser IMAX renovation.

amcbayplaza13
amcbayplaza13 on April 14, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Aparently I hate liemax

Because it’s not real just the original old IMAX 70mm film

I was gonna see BvS in 70mm film IMAX a month ago but unfortunately the movie was sold out and i ended taking the train all the way to AMC Loews 34th Street movie theater to see it in digital IMAX although it’s
wasn’t original like the Lincoln Square IMAX version

I just gonna check out the IMAX at this theater next Friday night if it’s liemax I going to be force to go nuts at Liemax

waterguy56
waterguy56 on April 14, 2016 at 12:46 pm

@moviebuff82 I contacted the AMC customer service, and they told me Lincoln Square 13 will not show A Beautiful Planet on April 29th, we all misunderstood it, the fact is only the premiere of it will be hosted at its IMAX auditorium this Saturday evening( that’s why no jungle book is scheduled at that time). Also, laser upgrade won’t happen until late summer, so it’s pretty much impossible for Warcraft to have laser.

It’s sad that we are back to the lie digital IMAX again, I was expecting to enjoy another journey of 70mm IMAX in A Beautiful Planet, but guess it’s impossible. Kind of disappointed about it.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on April 14, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Why the heck did they ever pull the 15/70 just for SW???? Only to put it back in again. What on Earth were they thinking? Really smart, pull the IMAX for THE event.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 14, 2016 at 11:36 am

The Jungle Book will be shown in digital liemax 3d this weekend, followed by Beautiful Planet, then captain america civil war, then alice. I think Warcraft will be the first one to be in laser imax.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on April 14, 2016 at 4:49 am

According to IMAX: http://www.imax.com/news/experience-beautiful-planet-near-you , A beautiful Planet will not be played at Lincoln Square 13. BvS will most likely be the last 70mm film in NYC. disappointed.

mhvbear
mhvbear on April 13, 2016 at 10:51 am

They are showing “The Beautiful Earth” in 15/70MM starting on April 29th.

armandCF44
armandCF44 on April 13, 2016 at 9:37 am

Last chance to see Batman v Superman in 70mm IMAX is Thursday at 220PM. If we do actually get the laser renovation in the coming months, this will probably be the last ever screening of the format in this theater. Sad days.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on March 30, 2016 at 4:21 pm

compared to AMC Rockaway, it’s quite the opposite of peanuts.

mhvbear
mhvbear on March 28, 2016 at 10:14 am

Go before 12 noon. We only paid $13.99 for the 9:00 AM show.

waterguy56
waterguy56 on March 28, 2016 at 10:00 am

And ABP was shot using Cannon digital camera, so I doubt the picture quality in 70mm will be better than the digital one. Most likely, the only difference will be aspect ratio(1.44 vs 1.85) and the size of the images(huge screen at LS13)

waterguy56
waterguy56 on March 28, 2016 at 9:52 am

I saw it last Friday. First 70mm experience.I was extremely excited when I walked into the auditorium and saw the big 70mm projector through the windows. Somehow I did not find a huge difference between the 70mm and digital IMAX in terms of picture resolution and brightness, maybe i can notice the resolution increased during the 1.431 scenes, but not obvious.

But yes, I LOVE the 70mm IMAX show very very much. The thing that amazed me most was the size of the images, no black bars left and right for the 2.35:1 scenes, cheers, and the full screen mode was really really cool(but sad, it’s short). Definitely will be going there again this weekend to see the 70mm! (and two more times before it’s gone.)

Yeah, can’t wait for A Beautiful Planet. BTW, anyone know if the ticket price will still be $22, only 45mins tho. I wish they could bundle Hubble 3D and ABP together, so that we could enjoy a 1hour 30min show.