AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 22, 2016 at 1:29 pm

The imax was aging and seats had wear and tear. I hope they use 70mm projection when Dunkirk opens next summer.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on November 22, 2016 at 11:42 am

Hello-

the last time i was in the IMAX auditorium was to see The Jungle Book this past April. i thought the projection and sound were A+ so why were renovations needed?

mhvbear
mhvbear on November 22, 2016 at 11:41 am

I didn’t notice any line on the screen from Row M Center on Saturday. What I did notice was some blurring in some of the tracking shots in the film. My biggest complaint was they didn’t dim the lights during the previews and brought them up at the beginning of the end credits. I would think the 2 lighted IMAX signs on the side walls of the theater would have provided enough light for people coming in and leaving.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 22, 2016 at 4:29 am

Jeese I hope they iron out these kinks before Rogue One.

peekytoe
peekytoe on November 21, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Just got back from Fantastic Beasts in the newly renovated IMAX. The aforementioned lines on the screen are a problem. Super distracting, especially in the brightest scenes. Also, something wonky happened with the audio towards the beginning of the third act of the film. Anyone else notice this? Really terrible muddy dialogue; not sure if this is a fault of the audio track in the actual film, or maybe something went wrong with some of the speakers. I was really looking forward to having this theater open again, and it was a disappointing first experience back. Hopefully these issues can be fixed.

markp
markp on November 21, 2016 at 4:29 am

For all you laser crazy fanatics, those lines you refer too are probably unpainted surfaces either on the screen frame or the speakers behind the screen. Back in the day when I was a film projectionist, everything behind the screen was painted flat black so nothing reflected. Nowadays with brighter projection from digital and this laser stuff, anything not painted will show up ten times worse. You have to remember its all about the money and the faster and quicker AMC can do it the better. The attitude for years has been if the customer don’t see it, then its not important.

XapNoiro
XapNoiro on November 20, 2016 at 11:36 pm

@choppinlives81 those lines have always been on that screen…though it’s definitely more noticeable with the new projector

xbs2034
xbs2034 on November 20, 2016 at 9:08 pm

I saw something similar when I saw John Wick here in IMAX Digital (lines in center of screen, only visible in the bright scenes) I think in that case it may have been pattern left from the pre-show content which wasn’t properly turned off before the feature. I also remember when this theater first went digital in Fall 2013 there were some issues with the earliest showings.

So glad I saw Fantastic Beasts at the Empire 25. I hope to see Rogue One here, and sounds by then the kinks should be worked out, with 3D and other finishing touches ready (taking a week off before Rogue One seems like a good idea, I wonder if they should’ve just canceled the first week of Fantastic Beasts showings or even waited till Rogue One so everything could have been properly finished and calibrated before the reopening).

plagasX
plagasX on November 20, 2016 at 11:56 am

@Chopinlives81 Yea, I noticed the lines too.. It actually kind of irritated me during the movie. I’ll definitely let someone know about it.

Chopinlives81
Chopinlives81 on November 20, 2016 at 6:46 am

@plagasX I went there last night to see Fantastic Beasts and While everything looked great, I noticed that during well lit or bright scenes, I could see lines almost like a grid in the center of the screen. Seems like it’s either the frame behind the screen or something from the projection room. I never noticed this before with the past projectors. Maybe it’s something you can point out to management?

plagasX
plagasX on November 19, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Rumor is that tickets for Rogue One will be up the Monday after Thanksgiving. Makes sense since Disney did pretty much the same thing last year..

mskeeter
mskeeter on November 19, 2016 at 6:37 pm

@plagasX Any word when SW tix will go up for sale? It’s less than 4 weeks away.

XapNoiro
XapNoiro on November 18, 2016 at 10:52 pm

It was lit!

Still don’t understand why there’s no row “I”, it makes zero sense
But it was lit regardless!

CHH32
CHH32 on November 18, 2016 at 6:35 pm

@plagasX Great! thanks for the info :)

CHH32
CHH32 on November 18, 2016 at 6:10 pm

@XapNoiro It’s awesome! the best picture I have seen! This gotta be the best theater in America. lol.

ridethectrain
ridethectrain on November 18, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Is all 12 chanels working. They said navy pier wasn’t finished

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 18, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Thanks @moviebuff!!! That link made my day!!! Can’t wait for Rogue one in laser 3d!!!!

XapNoiro
XapNoiro on November 18, 2016 at 2:22 pm

How was it?? @CHH32

CHH32
CHH32 on November 18, 2016 at 2:08 pm

I went there today, there is no row I. I guess you just have to find an empty seat, shouldn’t be a problem given most showtimes are 90% empty.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 18, 2016 at 11:44 am

XapNoiro
XapNoiro on November 18, 2016 at 10:00 am

@lawrenceD so what happens then if I bought a ticket in row I before it got blocked?

LawrenceD
LawrenceD on November 18, 2016 at 9:30 am

Hey I work at this theater. All of Row I was added to the system by mistake….that row doesn’t exist so they blocked them all.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 18, 2016 at 4:41 am

@XapNoiro It’s not the Times square theater. It’s an Imax in VA that has laser installed. I will be super happy if and when it is confirmed that the Lincoln Square Imax will be playing Rogue One in 3D!!! I do hope it is confirmed that everything was installed properly.

XapNoiro
XapNoiro on November 18, 2016 at 12:34 am

@jmcr8 I noticed that myself, and my seat for tomorrow’s show was in that row :( They usually do that when they close seats for some reason

jmcr8
jmcr8 on November 17, 2016 at 11:21 pm

Whats the deal with all of row I being unavailable for every showing?