Bellerose Theater

245-14 Jericho Turnpike,
Floral Park, NY 11001

NativeForestHiller
NativeForestHiller on January 13, 2010 at 10:03 am

Does anyone have any vintage or recent past photos of the former Bellerose Theatre? The glazed terra cotta facade and whatever may remain of the interior merits preservation. Please e-mail me at

• Michael Perlman,
    Four Borough Preservation Alliance Corp, Queens VP
forty9nash
forty9nash on November 30, 2009 at 12:14 am

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

BoxOfficeGirl
BoxOfficeGirl on October 1, 2009 at 6:41 am

I don’t know what a Daemon is. Is anyone running this board who can tell me how to post pics (and update the info at the top of the page)?

robboehm
robboehm on September 30, 2009 at 2:32 pm

I’m not getting any mail from you at all. The only reason I’m responding to this is I got the notice from CT that someone had responded, etc.. And I’m getting a lot of other Email so I’m in a receiving mode. If you didn’t get the dreaded Daemon, where did it go. A thought, if you are willing to give me your EMail I’ll send a note to you and you can reply with photos and beat the system.

BoxOfficeGirl
BoxOfficeGirl on September 30, 2009 at 3:51 am

rvb, are you getting the email but not the pic? My system is telling me it went.

BoxOfficeGirl
BoxOfficeGirl on September 29, 2009 at 11:04 pm

Sent it again. Any messages?

robboehm
robboehm on September 29, 2009 at 6:29 pm

There is a way to put things on this site but I’m not a techie. If you have the capability to EMail then you have sufficient tools to add a photo to this site, that much I know. If you’d like to send me a personal copy I’m

BoxOfficeGirl
BoxOfficeGirl on September 29, 2009 at 6:23 pm

How would I do that, rvb?

robboehm
robboehm on September 29, 2009 at 5:56 pm

kitnoir could you also share the photo with the rest of us. The Bellerose was my home theatre for more than 25 years before I moved east.

forty9nash
forty9nash on September 29, 2009 at 1:53 am

Kitnoir? Can you e-mail that photo of the bellerose movie from 1978? My e-mail is Thanks!

Steve…..

forty9nash
forty9nash on September 29, 2009 at 1:50 am

You’re right.The good humor trucks were on braddock. The tracks i walked went to van buren to the right. To the left was the good humer plant and train depot. I’d LOVE to have any photo’s from back then!!!

robboehm
robboehm on September 29, 2009 at 1:19 am

What I’d like to see is a photo of the original marquee, that big boxy affair with hundreds of yellow incandescent running lights and the red and orange in the front.

Of course a ‘78 photo would be nice because the new marquee would not have been trashed by that truck.

BoxOfficeGirl
BoxOfficeGirl on September 29, 2009 at 1:12 am

Nash, I thought the Good Humour Trucks were on Braddock Avenue. I remember going by a parking lot of them on my way to Van Buren (ugh!).

BTW, I have a picture of the profile of the theatre from around ‘78.

robboehm
robboehm on June 27, 2009 at 2:07 pm

I was just looking at so many. Search Long Island Rail Road History, it’s full of stuff and then just keep looking at all the LIRR entries that follow. You may never get back to Cinema Treasures again.

forty9nash
forty9nash on June 27, 2009 at 6:52 am

Can you post the link to that site here or maybe e-mail the link?

robboehm
robboehm on June 27, 2009 at 3:39 am

There are plenty of Long Island RR photo and data online including information on when the Creedmoor Line was discontinued.

robboehm
robboehm on June 25, 2009 at 2:19 pm

There’s alot of LIRR stuff online including a list of stations past and present and the last dates of service. There are all sorts of pictures. As a result of your earlier comment alluding to the Creedmoor spur I was looking at them last night.

forty9nash
forty9nash on June 25, 2009 at 12:44 am

The coal yard was right next to the good humor factory i think. I remember walking to school (Martin van buren) on the tracks. I could have walked those tracks for miles. I loved it.I love anything train related.I wish i had lived in one of those homes where the train went through there backyard.The last train to go through my area was around 1965 i think. If anyone has any photo’s to share i’d love to see them.

robboehm
robboehm on June 24, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Boy Nash you’re really going back on the train. I remember crossing over the tracks as a short cut to my confirmation classes at Holy Trinity Lutheran on Commonwealth Blvd. The third rail was already disabled then and I never recall seeing any freight service to the coal yard. That was in the late 40s.

forty9nash
forty9nash on June 24, 2009 at 7:20 am

Anyone remember kent cleaners.It was right near the old A&P. How about the old american gas station where the bank is now where you get off jamaca ave to braddock blvd? And wasn’t there a train that went right through peoples backyards? I remember as a kid seeing it cross the cross island service road going to creedmoore. Any one have any photo’s of them?

Steve

robboehm
robboehm on June 8, 2009 at 1:09 am

I remember the one cashier very well. She was tall, attractive and had a luxurious head of dark hair worn in the Andrew Sisters' style of the day. Story was she was a single mom with two sons, a widow, or heaven forbid, a divorcee. The ticket takers all looked alike, tall and old in those heavy military looking uniforms.