AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

Showing 101 - 125 of 1,307 comments

markp
markp on January 5, 2018 at 7:52 pm

bigjoe59, the 70MM will be there one more week as of now till the 11th. Its possible it could go to the 14th. The programs are gone. I don’t know if they are getting anymore.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 5, 2018 at 6:58 pm

I forget, what seats are dead center in the renovated IMAX? Is it like 21-22 (although most theaters do not have screen and seats symmetrical, often the entrance pushes seats over to one side more) or more like 24-25?

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on January 5, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Hello-

how long will The Phantom Thread be shown in 70MM and how will the program be available?

xbs2034
xbs2034 on January 4, 2018 at 12:49 pm

The Commuter is the next IMAX release, but it is listed as having “select IMAX theaters” so I’m sure The Last Jedi will still have most IMAX theaters. I believe Force Awakens even played here all the way till Deadpool in Feb, but Last Jedi seems to be playing out quicker so I expect its run to end with either 12 Strong or The Maze Runner.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on January 4, 2018 at 12:43 pm

It’s still playing in imax as of this weekend. 12 strong is the next imax release .

digital3d
digital3d on January 4, 2018 at 12:37 pm

mhvbear is correct. Disney requires theaters to have TLJ run for 4 weeks in their largest auditorium. Given that Dolby theaters don’t have that many seats that may be the reason some theaters pulled it.

mhvbear
mhvbear on January 4, 2018 at 7:09 am

Disney required theaters to guarantee at least a 4 week run to book Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 3, 2018 at 11:27 pm

Thanks. I was just wondering since a lot of Dolby Cinema screens suddenly pulled TLJ even though they had no new DOlby releases either. Jumanji takes over starting Friday. Seems strange to me, at least in one place, TLJ Dolby screenings have been jammed, even as recently as tonight and yet they still switch to Jumanji on Friday!

digital3d
digital3d on January 3, 2018 at 10:36 pm

At least until January 12th since there are no other IMAX releases to replace it with before then. However, it will likely play after that date as well.

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 3, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Speaking of TLJ, does anyone know how long it will play here on the IMAX screen?

alpinedownhiller
alpinedownhiller on January 3, 2018 at 5:46 pm

“just one little note for people (like me) seeing The Last Jedi in IMAX here this weekend. While the film did use IMAX cameras for select sequences, it will be a locked scope presentation, and the screen will not be filled for any of those sequences.

Apparently, the director found the aspect ratio switches distracting when he was finishing the movie, and people who’ve seen the film in the UK mentioned there are no IMAX aspect ratio switches."

too bad they didn’t at least keep in one or two, in TFA, I thought it was spectacular when it expanded

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on January 3, 2018 at 4:04 pm

Hello-

if the free The Phantom Thread program is 24 pages that must be a record for a free giveaway brochure.

markp
markp on January 3, 2018 at 8:00 am

Just a side note. The Phantom Thread booklets are on a table outside the Kings Theatre and next to the door leading to the projection room. If your lucky you might see me as you enter. I always come down to refill my soda.

digital3d
digital3d on January 3, 2018 at 1:02 am

Not sure if it’s the flagship but many premieres do happen here, especially after the Zigfield closed. Just recently Molly’s Game had it’s premiere here. Other movies like Dunkirk, The Mummy, Rough Night, Ghost in the Shell, a bunch of Netflix movies and many others had their premieres here just last year. (Note: not all were world premieres, some were North America premieres.)

The fact that this theater has numerous film projectors, a unique IMAX, a comfortable position on Broadway and a shape which allows for the building of tents as well as for special set-ups for press and interviews inside certaintly makes it a very attractive place for premieres. Sometimes studios just use the theater to shoot interviews and do press there. It’s a very popular location by them.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on January 2, 2018 at 7:57 pm

Is the Lincoln square theater still the flagship location for AMC for world premieres ?

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on January 2, 2018 at 7:54 pm

Thanks, BigJoe. The Phantom Thread ebay link describes that booklet as 24 pages. The Hateful Eight program that I have is 14 pages, counting from cover to back. All of these current booklets (Victoria and Abdul included) being discussed have been free, whereas in the original Roadshow days those souvenir programs were purchased. It is really is delightful that studios are going to the effort to provide these nice materials for moviegoers.

NYer
NYer on January 2, 2018 at 5:54 pm

People are selling the brochure already. Here’s what it looks like.

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on January 2, 2018 at 4:03 pm

Hello-

the brochure handed out free when I saw Victoria and Abdul at the Paris was 4 pages but elegantly and beautifully designed.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on January 2, 2018 at 3:34 pm

From what I’ve read elsewhere (email from AFI Silver), The Phantom Thread program is freely handed out. I attended last weekend at Paris of Victoria & Abdul but did not know of any program. What did Victoria & Abdul program look like? a real program like The Hateful Eight one? or a couple page brochure?

bigjoe59
bigjoe59 on January 2, 2018 at 3:21 pm

Hello-

do you mean The Phantom Thread had an actual souvenir program for purchase or was it really a free brochure like the one the Paris handed out during the run of Victoria and Abdul?

robboehm
robboehm on January 1, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Movie buff – in this day and age 25 is old. Seems as though they are leveled around this time. The Brookhaven Multiplex on Long Island was history after 18 years; the Commack Multiplex made it a bit longer. The Green Acres, Sunrise and Patchogue Multiplexes were also leveled. Shore in Huntington and the Lynbrook and Southampton are tear down and rebuilds. The Fantasy in Rockville Centre and the Roosevelt Field were gutted and rebuilt some years ago. To a large degree AMC did that with the Glen Cove this past year. Have to see what happens with the three older multiplexes, two in Farmingdale and the Regal Ronkonkoma. Westbury and Deer Park are less than a dozen years old.

digital3d
digital3d on January 1, 2018 at 10:24 pm

Apparently the Phantom Thread 70mm print was “only” 4k so it might have looked a bit underwhelming compared to other 70mm prints which were higher resolutions. Still drew HUGE crowds here and as mentioned, it comes with a program.

Source: http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f1/t012239.html

If they would renovate this theater it would probably be without stadium seating, as (to my knowledge) these types of auditoriums here with “direct entrance” wouldn’t work for stadium seating. (Correct me if I’m wrong please) But AMC 84th st for instance has recliners without stadium seating so I think they should renovate anyways.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on January 1, 2018 at 8:16 pm

They need to renovate for next year when this theater turns 25.

markp
markp on January 1, 2018 at 8:14 pm

NYer, I was not there on Saturday. I think the print is ok considering it was blown up from 35MM. I have one of those programs. Nice touch. I’m back in there on Tuesday.

NYer
NYer on January 1, 2018 at 7:05 pm

mrkp what did you think of the print? I was kinda disappointed. Saw it Satyurday. Grateful for no trailers, AMC is notorious for twenty minutes of trailers and I don’t mean the pre-show. Probably combo of no 70MM trailers available and because this is an Oscar qualifying run and the distributor doesn’t want distractions. Outside the auditorium was a table with a free gorgeous heavy stock programs highlighting the fashions with the centerfold with the film logo and 70MM special presentation.

Not going to give spoilers but two complete strangers stopped me on the way out and wanted to discuss the film.

The theater however is looking a wee rundown. Definitely needing a good make-over.