AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

mhvbear
mhvbear on November 8, 2016 at 12:46 pm

There were regular seats as well.

celboy
celboy on November 8, 2016 at 10:03 am

But wasn’t M the handicapped seats? only a few of those.

mhvbear
mhvbear on November 8, 2016 at 8:43 am

Last row was M. Row M center was where II always sat. It was the perfect viewing point IMHO.

celboy
celboy on November 8, 2016 at 7:55 am

Last row was row L which I count as 12

jmcr8
jmcr8 on November 8, 2016 at 7:02 am

Thanks for the pics! From the angle of the picture it looks like the rows have been deepened from what I remember. I count 11 rows, was it always 11? Guessing the new seats will be wider than the old ones? Do we know the new seating capacity of the remodel vs the old configuration?

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 7, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Thanks for the pics plagasX. Unfortunately I don’t think the Imax will be open in 2016. There’s a ton more work to be done obviously. That’s a killer! :(

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 7, 2016 at 11:42 am

tickets might be on sale at the end of the month for Rogue One according to various sources on Facebook.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 6, 2016 at 2:26 pm

https://youtu.be/zVJtP2qYMQ0 here’s the new tv spot for the movie.

CHH32
CHH32 on November 6, 2016 at 6:36 am

@FAShaffi if you haven’t been there before, the auditoriums on the second floor are awful – old seats, tight foot space and no stadium seating.

ridethectrain
ridethectrain on November 6, 2016 at 6:05 am

The Loews is the Best non IMAX Theatre 1 with Dolby Atmos. Screen 2 to 5 are good also, but the Empire screen 13 and 18 better than 2 to 5 at Lincoln Square.. Lincoln Square any screen 6 and above are small.

FAShaffi
FAShaffi on November 6, 2016 at 1:02 am

this has probably been asked already, but what’s the biggest non-IMAX screen in this theater? I’m trying to book Fantastic Beasts tickets and on the opening Thursday night at this theater they’re showing it in Auditorium’s 4 and 5, just wanna make sure if I see it here it won’t be on a crappy tiny sized screen

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 3, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Yes My thoughts exactly. Ugh!!! Tickets for Rogue one reportedly are on sale on Tuesday 11/7 and there’s no way Lincoln Square will have Imax tickets. I’m so disgusted! :(

CHH32
CHH32 on November 3, 2016 at 7:30 am

@Rmeister23 great great photos!!!! Thanks soooo much for taking them and sharing with us. Kind of disappointed that it looks nothing close to be done

xbs2034
xbs2034 on November 2, 2016 at 10:57 pm

Moviebuff82: Fantastic Beasts is being released in both IMAX 2D and 3D (Kips Bay and Penn Station have 2D, Empire 25 has 3D and my gut is Lincoln Square probably will also if it is ready in time), it seems like most Warner Bros IMAX releases do this strategy (In the Heart of the Sea, Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad all split between 2D and 3D IMAX showings).

Celboy: yes those Billy Lynn tickets are for 4K/3D/120 fps showings, and apparently here and one theater in LA playing that format will get a one week exclusive window on the picture, with the wide release in standard format moved to Nov 18.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 2, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Amazing. Pretty weird that Fantastic Beasts Imax release is 2d while the 3d is only for the smaller screens.

Rmeister23
Rmeister23 on November 2, 2016 at 3:01 pm

FELLOW IMAX LOVERS OF THIS THEATER:

I snuck in today and took some pics of the theater and its construction status that I’ve uploaded in the photos section. They should be the first two showing. They don’t look anyyyywhere near done. After having talked to the general manager though, she confirmed fantastic beasts will be the first movie to run and they’ll be finished by then. They hope….

celboy
celboy on November 2, 2016 at 10:52 am

Billy Lynn Tix on fandango right now in theater 2. I am assuming this is the premium experience.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on October 31, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Supposedly all AMC theaters are upgrading their seating in the NYC area. If there not recliners I think they will at least have roomier and more comfortable seats than what was there before, but thats not saying much. I’m used to my legs falling asleep from being cramped in such a small space for 2 ½ hours.

ridethectrain
ridethectrain on October 31, 2016 at 9:00 am

No recliners in imax. They lose 400 seats for recliners. AMC Universal Hollywood that is finishing the recliner renovations. The IMAX laser auditorium has the same seats after the coversion to laser. I saw Sully there. Laser was excellent

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on October 31, 2016 at 8:54 am

Hey PlagasX, any updates on when you think the Imax will open? Will Imax tickets go on sale on Nov 7?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on October 29, 2016 at 4:12 pm

i know. The one in palisades has them i think but that’s a digital imax auditorium. There’s a disclaimer on amc’s website that not all recliner theaters have them in imax theaters. At least Lincoln Square will be the first one to have laser in the NYC area.

CHH32
CHH32 on October 29, 2016 at 12:20 pm

wishing they can use recliners. Recliners + laser projectors + 100ft screen will make it a perfect auditorium lol.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on October 27, 2016 at 9:30 am

Thanks for the info plagasX! That’s extremely exciting! I go to all Imax movies at the LS Imax and all non Imax movies at the AMC Dine In in NJ. This will be like the best of both worlds! Please let is know if the LS Imax will be open for Rogue One on Dec 16!!! Rumor is that tickets go on Sale Nov 7 at 7AM. I’m hoping to snag tickets! It will be amazing to see Rogue one opening night in the newly rennovated LS Imax!!!

poland626
poland626 on October 26, 2016 at 11:39 pm

@plagasX Quick Question if you work there. What do the seats looks like? They put new ones in I believe and want to know what type they are if possible.