AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on April 28, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Its also the same at the amc garden state imax

LLNYRN
LLNYRN on April 28, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I love this theater. But in seeing “OBLIVION” this morning, I had to experience the “RESERVED SEATING” policy for the first time. This is a disastrous policy in my book.

It not only wastes time at the ticket booth, but it doesn’t take into account that many patrons may have “sight line” issues when it comes to seating. Especially if the film is in 3D. And it takes away choice in regards to where people (especially those who come in early) prefer to comfortably sit.

This isn’t a Broadway musical or concert we’re talking about.

I shot off an email and a FACEBOOK rant to AMC and the theater regarding this absolutely stupid policy.

Otherwise, “OBLIVION” was stunning to see in IMAX. But with all the other big summer releases making their way, unless you pre-plan and know EXACTLY where you want to sit, good luck enjoying this theater’s new IMAX seating policy.

HowardBHaas
HowardBHaas on March 26, 2013 at 3:44 pm

I’ve posted the Loews auditorium original screen size in the Intro above.

celboy
celboy on February 28, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Thank you. It was a very impressive display. Another reason this theatre gets the respect it does.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on February 28, 2013 at 4:55 am

oh I found the link with the photo I referenced.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on February 28, 2013 at 1:55 am

No, it’s film. That’s why the run’s been so long. I recall a photo taken of the 99 boxes of IMAX film needed to run it.

celboy
celboy on February 27, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I finally saw Hobbit here on its last night. About a 10 week run…..pretty rare in these times.Maybe 20 people. I’m pretty sure it was digital—-not an ounce of dirt anywhere.You have to be a giraffe to see what the projector is.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on February 14, 2013 at 12:09 pm

When did Lincoln Square do reserved seating for IMAX? This idea, which AMC is also using for its highest grossing theaters in the tri-state area and beyond, is great. As for Oz 3D imax, that will be only digital 3d standard and 2d. Is Die Hard imax playing today?

hdtv267
hdtv267 on February 14, 2013 at 8:29 am

Well not sure about Star Trek, but looks like “Jack the Giant Slayer” is slaying them already the opening weekend as shows are already sold out in the reserved seating IMAX venue.

Odd, I presumed they’d get the IMAX 3D OZ ( well wishful thinking) opening a week later. Well still great to see one of the 2 movies I’m really excited for playing in this great theatre.

celboy
celboy on February 5, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I hope Star Trek Imax comes here.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on January 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm

What are the specs for the Loews house? Is it still the same as it was when it first opened, but with a digital 4k projector?

Edward Havens
Edward Havens on December 25, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Current seating for all theatres is 3,864. The IMAX house is still 15/70 film. Saw Zero Dark Thirty in the Loews house last Thursday. Still a treat to sit in a real balcony.

hdtv267
hdtv267 on December 14, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I think this member was looking for someone to give him a more definitive answer.

celboy
celboy on December 14, 2012 at 9:59 am

Is this Imax Hobbit presentation film or digital?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Yeah. I hate how Clearview plasters other theater companies names.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark on November 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm

GReat I would hate to see the LOwes name go away. Regal has been good about keeping the United Artist theaters US and Edwrds Edwards.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 9, 2012 at 12:54 pm

From what I’ve seen on TV, the marquee is still the same, as Loews is a brand of AMC.

Mikeoaklandpark
Mikeoaklandpark on November 9, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Does the marqueee still say Lowes theaters or has AMC changed them?

celboy
celboy on November 8, 2012 at 12:57 pm

they updated the tag and made it 3d imax —————with reserved seats, people will be showing up later—-I guess there won’t be long lines to manage any more like there was for dark knight returns opening day

celboy
celboy on November 8, 2012 at 8:09 am

So hobbit is tagged as 2D on fandango with reserved seating in theater 13 (imax?)…..

markp
markp on September 15, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Oh how I wish Giles.

Giles
Giles on September 15, 2012 at 12:11 pm

let the resurgence of ‘new’ 70mm shot films begin … NOW !!

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on September 15, 2012 at 10:48 am

The master is playing in 70mm at this theater alongside the digital version of the art house movie. Next weekend an IMAX print of the film produced by PTA will be shown at this theater. It’s breaking records already.