AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX

1998 Broadway,
New York, NY 10023

celboy
celboy on November 12, 2016 at 2:35 pm

I saw it last night @ 7pm and not crowded either. Some images were quite amazing while some were “a little too close”. I wonder if this format maybe better suited for short form. It is like “being there”. Its almost like another art form. To me, they were experimenting with the technology more than making a film. I also wonder how the normal 24fps deliverable will look & feel…..I would think overall very, very forgettable compared to this presentation. Almost not worth seeing at all in the other format.

CHH32
CHH32 on November 12, 2016 at 12:51 pm

I just saw it, and the visual is amazing. I would say the picture quality is even better than 70mm/laser IMAX and Dolby Cinema. Well, maybe they are not comparable since Billy’s source format is 4K/120fps, and the screen in King auditorium is small. The 3D is bright, and you can tell it’s real 3D. Although I don’t like the movie, the visual is a once in a life experience.wonder if they are going to keep that expensive projector in that old auditorium.

ErikH
ErikH on November 12, 2016 at 10:48 am

Anyone interested in seeing “Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk” in the high frame rate version shouldn’t wait long. Attendance at the Saturday (2nd day of release) 10:00 am show in the Kings auditorium was startlingly sparse—-probably no more than a couple of dozen people. Having been to many opening weekend bargain matinees at the Lincoln Square, that’s an unusually poor showing, especially since the film is playing there exclusively and in only one auditorium.

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 12, 2016 at 6:29 am

come wed friday tickets usually go on sale.

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 12, 2016 at 5:29 am

I’m still looking for Fantastic Beasts in the Lincoln Square Imax but there not available. :(

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 11, 2016 at 11:57 am

thanks!!! How’s progress?

plagasX
plagasX on November 10, 2016 at 7:04 pm

@Krolly Sorry, I moved them over to Flickr. Here’s the link:

Krolly
Krolly on November 10, 2016 at 4:17 pm

@plagasX – I can’t seem to find your photos. Where did you post them?

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 10, 2016 at 12:45 pm

too bad getting there via car will suck. Thank god for mass transit!!! I like the Imax at AMC sign. Wonder how the grosses for this theater will do kinda like with the TCL Chinese Imax and the one in Boston…

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 10, 2016 at 8:19 am

Wow! That’s great news that the Imax will be open for Fantastic Beasts!!! The greatest news is that means it will be open for Rogue One!!! :)

xbs2034
xbs2034 on November 9, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Yes, laser IMAX can do the classic 1:43 ratio (was always announced as a feature of the system). The only laser IMAX film I saw, Force Awakens, had a 1:43 sequence, and Batman v Superman and Ghostbusters also used 1:43 for laser IMAX.

celboy
celboy on November 9, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Ok so if thats the case, is imax making custom Anamorphic dcps for their laser screens?

plagasX
plagasX on November 9, 2016 at 12:10 pm

@macnut22 Yup, it’s the same size.

macnut222
macnut222 on November 9, 2016 at 9:55 am

@plagasX: Does the new screen look as big as the old one?

xbs2034
xbs2034 on November 9, 2016 at 7:16 am

CHH32- people working for IMAX have already confirmed on Twitter that it won’t play Doctor Strange and that their goal is to be ready for Fantastic Beasts. Apparently there are going to take a status look at it in the next couple days (they may be testing the projector and sound for instance)

CHH32
CHH32 on November 9, 2016 at 6:10 am

@plagasX Thanks for the awesome pictures! It looks really great. Can’t wait to go there next weekend for Fantastic Beasts. BTW, any chances they will be open this weekend? Looks like the rest of the work can be done in 2,3 days…Hope.

celboy
celboy on November 9, 2016 at 4:27 am

In your opinion, do these seats recline like the old ones? Which isn’t a good thing. Hard to determine based on the photos.

plagasX
plagasX on November 8, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Added more pics guys! Seats are now getting installed! For the most part, It looks like they can actually make the November 17th date!

mhvbear
mhvbear on November 8, 2016 at 12:46 pm

There were regular seats as well.

celboy
celboy on November 8, 2016 at 10:03 am

But wasn’t M the handicapped seats? only a few of those.

mhvbear
mhvbear on November 8, 2016 at 8:43 am

Last row was M. Row M center was where II always sat. It was the perfect viewing point IMHO.

celboy
celboy on November 8, 2016 at 7:55 am

Last row was row L which I count as 12

jmcr8
jmcr8 on November 8, 2016 at 7:02 am

Thanks for the pics! From the angle of the picture it looks like the rows have been deepened from what I remember. I count 11 rows, was it always 11? Guessing the new seats will be wider than the old ones? Do we know the new seating capacity of the remodel vs the old configuration?

Darth_Vader444
Darth_Vader444 on November 7, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Thanks for the pics plagasX. Unfortunately I don’t think the Imax will be open in 2016. There’s a ton more work to be done obviously. That’s a killer! :(

moviebuff82
moviebuff82 on November 7, 2016 at 11:42 am

tickets might be on sale at the end of the month for Rogue One according to various sources on Facebook.