Showing 1 - 25 of 2,078 comments
Site is possibly demolished, except maybe some of the ramps Possibly two houses on some of tne site?
Building is now a jewellery store(Sterling Sage).
Opened on(different screens) with “Vibes”, “The rescue”, “A fish called Wanda”, “The blob”, “American tail”, “Ditty dancing”, “Fatal attraction”, and “Batteries not incluced”.
A Church(Christ Church) in the back of the drive-in lot. The snack bar and screen may still be there in the empty field?
Opened on 12/6/1939.
Opened in(1940?), and closed in(1980?).
Opened in 1953 and closed in 1979. 700 cars. Located across from the Del Mar showgrounds. Demolished(date unknown?). Site now occupied by various businesses.
Also opened with Bugs Bunny Cartoon World and news.
Also called Heart of screenland. Site is now a Holiday Inn.
Opened in 1952 as Ocean Drive-in with “Two tickets to Broadway” and “Passage west” sold to the Thomas family in 1980 and renamed Red’s Crescent Drive-in. The drive-in has been demolished(date unknown?). Site is nowa storage facility.
Opened on 16/3/1964, also a swap meet on site.
Opened with a Walt Disney Carnival and “20000 leagues under the sea”
Opened on 22/6/1955 with “Son of Sinbad” and “Rage at dawn”.
Site is now Chico Grand Medical Offices.
639 cars. Site is now a factory(Smuckers) or the empty grass field next door?
Opened with 4 screens. Screens 5 and 6 opened in 1985. 2300 cars.
Opened on 7/5/1948 with “The tall in saddle” and “Tarzan and the leopard women”.
Opened on 6/7/1966 with “My fair lady”. 1367 cars.
Opened on 23/4/1949 with “Buck privates” and “Diamond Jim”.
There was a fire in the bio box and snack bar on 21/6/2010. There is footage of the fire on youtube. The fire may have been arson by vandals.
Opened in 1975. Closed in 1997.
Opened wuth on screen 1(Penisula) with “In harms way” and “Hush…hush, sweet Charlotte” and screen 2(Burlingame) with “The family way” and “Robin and the 7 hoods”. One of the screens discontinued in 2000. Closed in 2001. Demolished in 2002. Site is now an empty field with trees.
800 cars when first opened. 1200 cars when merged together.