Comments from EcRocker

EcRocker commented about Tilyou Theatre on Dec 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Why is the status still showing as closed when it was demoished in 1973?

EcRocker commented about Loew's Kings Theatre on Nov 16, 2011 at 2:43 am

Glad to see this project is getting off the ground. It’s only to bad NYU who has a ton of money demolished the Academy of Music on 14th st and built a dormatory

EcRocker commented about Loew's 46th Street Theatre on Feb 6, 2011 at 2:13 am

I also saw the movie called I love you Alice B Tokeless. :)

EcRocker commented about Loew's 46th Street Theatre on Feb 6, 2011 at 2:12 am

I was at the Dead shows back then. I got to meet Micky Hart and Alison Steele back then. I was also working there for the sound company hired to do the live shows for In Concert.

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Sep 1, 2010 at 2:55 am

Michael some people just like to stir up crap if for no other reason.

BTW I do believe that the Loews Kings has picked up a lot of momentum on CT lately since the news of the $70 million restoration project. Why can’t they use some of that money to help Ridgewood?

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:38 pm

John he pops up when you least expect it. I have been to other theatre listings on here and he responded out of the blue. He did that for the Howard Theatre in Wash DC that is being renovated from a vaudeville /movie theatre to a dinner/ dance type theatre. The Howard in it’s hey dey had some of the biggest act play there. Primarily black jazz R&B and blues.

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Jun 20, 2010 at 7:01 pm

It is the most ironic ruin of Detroit. Nowhere is the automobile more triumphant than here. Yet this site contains a double irony for it here that Henry Ford created his first car in a tiny shop that once stood on this site.

After going to that site and seeing what was done I would have rather in this case tore it down. It was hard to look at. Almost as bad as seeing the High Rise dorm that NYU put up where the Academy of Music used to stand

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 23, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Another theatre you may want them to see is the Riviera Theatre in N Tonawanda NY right next to Niagara Fall. 1300 seat Venue and still fully functional along with a Mighty Wurlitzer theatre organ.

www.rivieratheatre.org

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on May 22, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Hi Michael,

I hope all goes well for old Ridgewood and I hope the owners will not be put off or deterred since the news of the Loews Kings $70,000,000 restoration. There is more then enough room for performing art centers in a city as big as NYC. I was recently in Providence Rhode Island. The Strand was built in the early 1900’s and showed it’s last movie in 1978. It is now a club on certain days and a concert venue on others. Most of the seats on the mail floor are gone but it still maintains all the seats in the balcony and has a fully functional stage. Maybe you can get the owners of Ridgewood to take a look at the place to see a good example of how to save a classic theatre.

Michael

EcRocker commented about Loew's Kings Theatre on May 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Is there any word about replacing or restoring the Wonder Organ if the original can be found?

EcRocker commented about Riviera Theatre on May 15, 2010 at 8:36 pm

I was just at the Riviera last Sat May 8th What a nice house it still is and the Mighty Wurlitzer sounded awesome. To bad the weather sucked. It was cold and windy.
Hey Lost I am on the run. LOL

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Michael did you set up the Ridgewood page on Face Book yet?

EcRocker commented about City Theatre on Mar 28, 2010 at 6:14 pm

What a shame. All those years that I worked at the Academy of Music I never knew that it was ever there. Based on what I saw in the picture and seeing the alley way and parking lot it does look like it could have been a theatre there. Dang all that time and I never knew.

EcRocker commented about Capitol Theatre on Mar 14, 2010 at 12:03 am

Wow it’s been that long since I have been to this page. Stu 62 mentions See Factor doing sound. Maybe i am getting on in years and to many brain cells have died out but I do not recall Bob See and See Factor doing audio for gigs till some time in the lat e 70’s and early 80’s. I was just on the See Factor site and from what i see they do very little in the audio field now.
So can someone verify that See Factor did sound back then

I did go to a show at the Central one night after a show at the Capitol and I don’t recall who was doing sound but Ric-Lo was doing the lights.

What a long strange trip it’s been.

And since I am in here
I have started a group on Facebook dedicated to the NY Academy of Music.
Feel free to join in talk about your memories. Post your links and pictures too

EcRocker commented about Academy of Music on Mar 13, 2010 at 11:35 pm

I have started a group on Facebook dedicated to the NY Academy of Music.
Feel free to join in talk about your memories. Post your links and pictures too

EcRocker commented about Howard Theatre on Feb 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Hi Frannni

Just saw it this afternoon. 100 Years of the Howard. Glad to see that after all these years the Howard will live again. I am not sure I like some of the plans. It looks like it is going to look more like a dinner theatre. But this is 2010 and I guess the times they are a changing.

Great piece.

To me it hurts to see these beautiful old theatres going to waste or demolished. At least the Howard will live on even it it’s altered state. The other GOOD new I have seen recently is that the Loews Kings in Brooklyn NY that has been sitting in a state of abandonment for over 30 years. It is a 3200 seater and will be going under about a $70 mil renovation

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Jan 13, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Congrats Michael. Job well done. To bad the Madison could not have gotten it as well.

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Jan 2, 2010 at 3:06 am

I also hope the LPC will put a fire under this issue. We got it on the list but since then the wheels seem to have slowed down to a crawl. When I got to speak to Jenny of LPC she said they would work on it as fast as they could but it is not fast enough.

Happy New Year 2010 to all

Michael

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Sep 17, 2009 at 3:40 am

Hey Guys and gals after a week of leaving voice mails with Jenny she finally called me back and left a VM. As of last week Ridgewood has not been put on the schedule for a vote yet. She was not sure when it will happen.

Also I just notice there is now advertising on the site

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 4, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Ross just like any group be it on the net or in real life things happen and people change be it good or bad. As i stated before I personally never had a problem with Warren. Whenever I came across a link he may have posted where the link was no long active and I brought it up to him he was always prompt about updating those links.
I like to think we are a community here and I know I like hearing about others adventures be it at Ridgwood or any other place.
Enjoy your trip and have a great time.

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 3, 2009 at 10:03 pm

I just switched browsers to see if there was a problem with CT but I guess not. I was just on IE8 for the last post and noticed that after I finished typing I had to wait about 5 seconds for the letters to show up. I am on Chrome right now and it is working fine

BTW when I did log in here I was directed to the main page and there was an article about the passing of Reverend Ike. In case you were not aware of who he was he ran his church out of what used to be the Loews 175th st. At least he did something to preserve the 175th st

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 3, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Larry I have seen a few women posting on here. You just have to look back a ways.

Hey has anyone seen Bway lately? Looks like his last post was on June 29th 09.

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 3, 2009 at 11:51 am

Hi Chuck. I don’t seem to recall your name here but since you said you were away for 2 years a big welcome back to you. Hopefully what ever it was you had to deal with is behind you now. I know how overwelming it can be. I was a survivor of a 5 way bypass 4 years ago.

Howard just like any other communities be it real or cyber as I said we have a core group here. We can pretty much take care of our selves and if the powers that be (CT) feel there is something wrong going on in here I am sure they can either post a warning message in here or e-mail to the individuals involved.

Hey LM I have not been up to Baltimore since that last time I posted about the Apollo so I have no followups and I have not heard anything more on what is or is not happening to the Howard.

That is my CT update/non update report.

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 3, 2009 at 3:10 am

Hello Howard.

This is the first time I have ever seen you posting on this particular thread. Yes this is a public forum on theatres and what you may not understand is that there is a “CORE” group of people who are in here all the time. With all that has been happening with the NYC LPC and everything else with the Ridgewood we havebecome a cyber community. Most of us have come to know each other and we have our own stories and background as well as memories of Ridgewood. Sometimes we agree to disagree. As a member of CT and this particular theatre page for a number of years we feel we can talk about anything. If you playing a friendly game of poker are you just supposed to talk cards the whole time? I don’t think so.

I am sorry if this comes off the wrong way but since your post states nothing about you being a webmaster or part of CT management you seem to be stepping on my toes and the other members of Ridgewood and I know for sure I do not appreciate it. If CT has a problem with the way this theatre thread is going I am sure they would have said something about it already. By the way this thread is probobly one of the most posted on in CT because of our “CORE” Community.

EcRocker commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 2, 2009 at 9:46 am

Oh come on guys we are all adults in here i hope. I for one never had any problems with Warren. Matter of fact if I ran across ove of his posts that had a bad or a dead link to a picture he was always pretty prompt as to updating the link to where those pictures were stored. Sure I saw some of his posts that seemed to have a bit of vinegar but over all he did have a good knowlege of things.

I also do not understand what is happening with CT overall. Either I don’t get an e-mail for months on all the theatres I have listed or like today I got bombarded with 15 alone today.