Comments from Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches

Showing 9 comments

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Main Theater on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:18 pm

It won’t be torn down. Daily Sentinel is subscription only, so I don’t know any details, such as will the neon sign and fleur-de-lis be left alone. I assume they will be.

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Pines Theatre on Nov 11, 2009 at 11:32 am

Hey all,

Here’s my Texas Escapes feature about the Pines:

And here’s a picture I took in October 2009:

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about De Luxe Theater on Dec 31, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Here is a picture of it I took in December 2008:

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Paramount Theatre on Sep 30, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Whoa – the bidding war must be on at the theater’s eBay listing. I’m getting tons of visits today (my link is the one listed above).

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Ritz Theater on Feb 27, 2007 at 4:43 am

The Ritz Theater is still open. The status should be updated. I took this picture 2/26/07. They were showing “Norbit.”

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Cole Theatre on Feb 25, 2007 at 11:25 am

Here’s my 2/16/07 picture of it at night:

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Plaza Theatre on Feb 19, 2007 at 1:13 pm

Here are some pictures I took on 2/16/07, as the Lamplighters were putting on their final performance of hometown boy Horton Foote’s screenplay to “To Kill a Mockingbird”:

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Galleria Cinema IV on Jan 28, 2007 at 2:00 pm

I saw Star Wars there on its opening weekend in May 1977.

Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches
Exquisitely Bored in Nacogdoches commented about Fox Theatre on Nov 26, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Here’s a direct link to it from the same website (mine):