Comments from moviebear1

moviebear1 commented about Roxy Theatre on Mar 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm

being on the west coast I’d love to se some pictures of your model. Any chance you would be willing to share some?

moviebear1 commented about Village Drive-In on Jan 2, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Opps … Uploaded Thumbnail by mistake have added the full sided Image.

moviebear1 commented about Edgewood Drive-In on Aug 30, 2011 at 4:43 pm

I just found a payroll sheet that says I worked as a projectionist here Aug 16 & 17, 1985. The features were Secret Admirer, Just One Of The Boys & Fraternity Vacation.

moviebear1 commented about Center Theatre on Jun 5, 2011 at 11:55 pm

After reading a book on Sid Ceaser I found out that Your Show of Shows originated from the Center. For those not familiar with it …. This was very similar to todays Saturday Night Live. Interesting that they filled the theatres 3510 seat for these TV shows.

moviebear1
moviebear1 commented about Cinema Treasures relaunches with new design, photo galleries, and more! on May 29, 2011 at 9:07 pm

As we all know there are many theatres with the same names such as Fox, State, Roxy, Tower and more. I always curious why there is not a way to search out a spicific name for example Tower, Los Angeles. insdead of going to a city like Los Angeles that has maybe 100 entries.

Oh and by the way congratulations on the new site.

moviebear1 commented about Comments Back Online on May 26, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Anytime someone revamps a website there are always a few things to iron out. We all look forward to the new version.

moviebear1 commented about Century Drive-In on Apr 26, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Thanks for the high quality repros

moviebear1 commented about Roxy Theatre on Jan 22, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Does anyone know if there are any recordings of the Roxy theatre Organ? I would love to hear what it sounded like.

moviebear1 commented about Redwood Drive-In on Sep 11, 2010 at 8:12 pm

The screen is long gone. I have a shot of it somewhere.

moviebear1 commented about Senator Theatre on Jun 12, 2010 at 2:19 pm

When did the theatre reopen? I thought it was in limbo. But very happy to hear they are showing films again. Does this meen the theatre is now safe from being torn down?

moviebear1
moviebear1 commented about Marquee Restoration Help Needed on Jun 5, 2010 at 2:01 am

I was hoping to see a picture of this theatre to get an idea of the shape of it. However there are quite a few Rialto theatres listed in TEXAS. Where is your theatre?

moviebear1 commented about Sutton Motor-In on May 19, 2010 at 4:39 pm

Love to see some pictures of when the theatre was in operation.

moviebear1 commented about Tower Theater on May 19, 2010 at 2:24 pm

anyone heve some interior photos to share?

moviebear1 commented about Grand Theatre on May 18, 2010 at 8:03 pm

here is a link to a vidieo of the collapse.

moviebear1 commented about Las Palmas Theatre on Mar 22, 2010 at 3:05 am

when films were shown here it was from a projection booth on the stage and was rear projection

moviebear1 commented about Melrose Theatre on Feb 21, 2010 at 11:27 am

amazingly no one seams to have a picture of this theatre when it had a marquee. it apperfs to have closed from showing films in the 50s.

This and the Los Felez Drive-In don’t seam to have any photos.

Arrrrrrrrggggggg

moviebear1
moviebear1 commented about San Francisco Fox items for sale on Feb 13, 2010 at 1:15 am

I would like to see what you are selling as well.

moviebear1 commented about Vision Theatre on Oct 31, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Isn’t this a picture of the lobby that shows a drinking fountain in the corner?

moviebear1 commented about Pan Pacific Theatre on Aug 7, 2009 at 11:36 am

Does anyone have any interior phots of this theatre? I once worked there as a relief projectionist showing Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I remember getting a light shock anytime I would touch both projectiors at the same time.

Matt Spero

moviebear1 commented about Mann Festival Theater on Aug 3, 2009 at 11:27 pm

I worked as a relief projectionist once at the then UA THEATRE. The movie was the the first run engagement of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. with Reserved seats yet! at the 8pm show there were only 7 people in the audience.

moviebear1 commented about Star-Vue Motor Movies on Jun 5, 2009 at 8:05 pm

The Drive-Ins opening film was the roadshow version of Mutiny On The Bounty starring Marlon Brando and Trevor Howard. Both shows were sold out that night. Meaning 2400 cars showed up.

moviebear1 commented about Rialto Theatre on May 8, 2009 at 3:54 pm

What time is this happening I’d like to go

moviebear1 commented about Loma Theatre on Apr 19, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Back in the 70’s I went in this building when it was a Thrift store. I always thought it looked like it might have been a theatre at one time even thiough it was completely stripped and was very plain by then. It was in the 80’s that it burned down and was replaced with a strip mall. At that time I got a picture of the building where you can clearly make out the word Paramount on the rubble.

Matt Spero

moviebear1 commented about Ritz Theatre on Feb 7, 2009 at 11:40 pm

Funny no one has pointed out that the theatres name was originally the NEWS-VIEW and when they discontinued showing newsreels they droped the S from the name. I know this for a fact as I have a photo with it as the News-View.

moviebear1 commented about Cherry Pass Drive-In on Jun 18, 2008 at 2:23 pm

The actual address of this Drive-In was 1501 East 6th Street. From a map quest image … What appears to be the Snack Bar and Projection Booth are still there.

Matt Spero