Comments from ryderdvs

Showing 7 comments

ryderdvs
ryderdvs commented about Capri Cinema I & II on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:55 pm

I recall seeing handprints and signatures outside on this theater’s sidewalk – Oscar-winners Patricia Neal and Cliff Robertson, amongst others. Last I saw, these were moved over to the former Terrace theater.

ryderdvs
ryderdvs commented about Regal Knoxville Center 10 on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Lots of great memories from childhood here, back when it was owned by United Artists, and it was called East Town Mall – Back to the Future, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Beetlejuice, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Batman.

ryderdvs
ryderdvs commented about Regal Downtown West Cinema 8 on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:43 pm

I can recall seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark here in 1981, when I was 5-years-old. It was the AMC four-screen at the time. I believe it became a Regal / eight-screen in 1989. I also worked at DTW from 1994-1998. Good times.

ryderdvs
ryderdvs commented about Regal Pinnacle Stadium 18 & IMAX on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:08 am

I hate this f@cking place! Godd@mn big-box, cookie-cutter multi-plexes. I’d like to drop about 30 tons of napalm on top of Turkey Creek, and watch all of the idiot patrons running around, punching themselves in their own head, trying to put the fire out.

ryderdvs
ryderdvs commented about Terrace Theatre on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:57 am

I can recall seeing Ghostbusters, Back to the Future Part III, and Total Recall there. The last film that I remember seeing there was Box of Moonlight, with John Turturro and Sam Rockwell, which was partially filmed in Knoxville.

ryderdvs
ryderdvs commented about Chapman Highway Drive-In on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:54 am

The location of this theater is where the Super Wal-Mart now stands. The marquee was there until the late-1990’s – early 2000’s.

ryderdvs
ryderdvs commented about Westown I & II on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:43 am

This was a nice theater. I remember seeing E.T., and Who Framed Roger Rabbit? there. I can also recall, in 1987, riding in the car on Kingston Pike, and seeing a bunch of Jesus-freaks standing outside the theater with picket signs, protesting Martin Scorsese’s The Last Temptation of Christ.