6 N. Elm Street,
1 person favorited this theater
The theater was built in the 1890’s as a livery which serviced the nearby train station. In 1911 Frank Lee and partners converted the livery into a film theater called the Fairyland Theatre, seating was provided for 315. It was then known as the Lee Theatre for many years. It briefly became the Family Theatre. Later known as the Oak Theatre which at that time was one of three in the town of Three Oaks.
Different generations of the Lee family have operated the Oak Theatre until the late-1970’s. The theatre changed hands many times in the 1980’s until it finally closed. The theater was purchased by Jon and Jennifer Vickers in 1994 and after restoring the theater, it re-opened in June 1996 as the Vickers Theatre.
In addition to film, the theatre has offered other art forms including live theatre, music ranging from folk to punk as well as performance art and poetry readings.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater