Lithia Theater

243 E. Main Street,
Ashland, OR 97520

Unfavorite 1 person favorited this theater

Showing 7 comments

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on September 16, 2013 at 7:59 pm

The Lithia Theatre was operated by Robert Lippert from 1946 until 1951, when it closed as a movie house. It was then refurbished by Angus Bowmer and reopened as a home for his theater group, the Vining Repertory Company. In November, 1952, the Lithia Theatre was destroyed by a fire, prematurely ending the company’s second season.

Here is a 1914 photo of the Vining Theatre’s auditorium.

Here is a 1951 photo with the posters of the Vining Repertory Company’s four productions for that season.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on September 19, 2010 at 7:46 pm

“CASH NIGHT” on the marquee,Giving out money to see a movie.

Don Lewis
Don Lewis on September 16, 2010 at 8:46 pm

A photo postcard view of the Vining Theatre in Ashland before it became the Lithia.

strawberry on July 23, 2007 at 9:38 pm

And a JPEGy looking photo from 1935 here.

strawberry on July 23, 2007 at 9:09 pm

You can see a black and white photo of the Lithia back in 1949 here.

kencmcintyre on December 26, 2005 at 4:11 pm

Here are two photos from 1949. One is of the Lithia, and the other is the Varsity, which was another theater in Ashland:

View link
View link