419 Main Street,
5 people favorited this theater
Franklin Theatre (Official)
Previously operated by: Crescent Amusement Co.
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Franklin Cinema
- Williamson Square Cinema
- Watson Glen Cinema 10
- AMC Thoroughbred 20
- Galleria 10
- Brentwood Plaza Theater
News About This Theater
- Jun 15, 2011 — Franklin Theatre reopening raises expectations for downtown
- Feb 9, 2011 — Efforts to restore Franklin Theatre payoff; theater reopens in June
- Apr 22, 2009 — Projection questions
- Jan 13, 2009 — Matching funds raised for Franklin theater
- Feb 15, 2007 — Meeting Today to Discuss Franklin Cinema's Future
- Jan 3, 2007 — Urgent request to help save the historic Franklin Cinema
- Nov 6, 2006 — Save the Franklin Theatre Event
- Jun 8, 2006 — Franklin Cinema to close?
In 1941 the Franklin Theatre was operated by the Cumberland Amusement Co. a subsidiary of Crescent Amusement Co. out of Nashville, TN. A really neat indie that screened first run flicks at a fraction of megaplex admission prices. No stadium seating, but plush seats with plenty of legroom and tables you could park your boots and bear on. The Franklin Cinema was a favorite haunt of local celebrities, including one or all of the Judds, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill and Michael McDonald.
The Franklin Cinema closed on January 7, 2007. Following a restoration and renovation which de-twinned the auditorium, it was reopened on June 3, 2011 under its original Franklin Theatre name.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.