Fine Arts Theater
11119 Johnson Drive,
2 people favorited this theater
This theater was designed by the Boller Brothers firm of Kansas City and was built by Marion Summerour, third mayor of Shawnee. It opened on Labor Day in 1927 as the Mission Theater with 500 seats.
Around 1942 under Dickinson Theatres, the name was changed to the Aztec Theater. The Aztec Theater operated under this name into the 1970’s, when it was purchased by the Pflumm family and the named was changed to Fine Arts Theater. It was closed for renovations July 20, 1975 with “What’s Up, Doc?”, but never reopened. After closing it was used as bank storage.
By 2005, the theater was being renovated by the Fine Arts Group to replace their previous Fine Arts Theater (now the Dickinson Top Two) a few miles away in Mission, KS. However, the Fine Arts Theatre has still not opened and renovation work began again in January 2017.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater