Casa Linda Theatre
150 Casa Linda Plaza,
13 people favorited this theater
Opened in 1945, the Casa Linda Theatre was the second theater in the United States to be built as an integrated part of a shopping center, a novel idea at the time. It followed another Dallas area theater, which was the first such theater to be constructed.
The theater was built and operated by B.R. McLendon, father of the legendary radio pioneer Gordon McLendon (the great Scotsman) who because famous for his re-enactments of baseball games, theater holdings, movie production, real estate holdings, and precious metals holdings.
The Casa Linda was the first portion of the shopping center to be built. Due to the shortage of building materials during and following the Second World War, construction of the theater took nearly five years.
The theater closed in early 1999 when its lease expired. The building had been sold to a potential real estate developer who later reneged on their offer to buy the theater.
Over the next two years, two other potential buyers backed out of their plans to buy the property (and the Casa Linda).
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater