Kurfurstendamm 211, Charlottenburg,
1 person favorited this theater
Situated on a corner site on the ground floor of an office building that is the ‘Maison de France’, the former offices of the French allies after World War II. The space was converted into a cinema and opened in 1950 seating 450 in orchestra and balcony levels. The architect was Hans Semrau who created a rather plain, but attractive auditorium. The top of the proscenium and side-walls has a deep cove which contains concealed lighting and there are decorative light fittings on the lower section of the side-walls. The cinema is currently equipped to play both 16mm and 35mm film and has a Dolby SRD sound system. It’s programme usually is made up of French films. The current seating capacity is 425.
The office space at the rear is still used by Maison de France (diplomatic and arts departments) and a French reference library occupies the remainder of the ground floor.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater