982 Market Street,
13 people favorited this theater
Warfield Theatre (Official)
Architects: G. Albert Lansburgh
Previous Names: Loew's Warfield Theatre, Fox Warfield Theatre
- Pix Theatre
- Crazy Horse Theatre
- Golden Gate Theatre
- Art 1 & 2 Theatres
- St. Francis Theatre & Baron...
News About This Theater
- May 25, 2010 — Loopnet theater listings
- Sep 12, 2008 — Refurbished Warfield to open Saturday
- May 9, 2008 — Theatre Historical Society Conclave To Visit Bay Area
Located in the Tenderloin district of downtown San Francisco. The Loew’s Warfield Theatre opened on April 13, 1922 with Viola Dana in “The Fourteenth Lover” on the screen, and vaudeville presented on the 33ft deep stage. It was built by Marcus Loew and named in honor of his actor/friend David Warfield. The Loew’s Warfield Theatre was equipped with a Moller 3 manual 15 ranks organ which was replaced in January 1925 by a Wurlitzer 3 manual, 11 ranks instument.
Since closing as a movie theatre in the 1970’s, it is alive and kicking as a venue for live acts and concerts.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.