Nitehawk Cinema - Prospect Park
188 Prospect Park W,
8 people favorited this theater
Located in the Park Slope district, and built on the site of the Marathon Theatre (1908-1927). The Sanders Theatre was opened in August 1928 with 1,516 seats. The interior design was carried out in a Moorish style, and it was equipped with a Wurlitzer 2 manual 7 rank organ. It was closed in 1978, and stood unused for over a decade.
It was taken over by a new operator in September 1995, and was eventually repaired and reopened as the Pavilion Theatre on April 5, 1996, with 3-screens. Three other screens opened in late-1996. By 1997 there were 4-screens downstairs and 3-screens upstairs. In 2000, it had been converted into a 9-screen cinema with 1,108 seats. In September 2016 plans were announced that the cinema would close in October 2016 to be converted into a 7-screen Nitehawk cinema, to be known as Nitehawk Cinema - Prospect Park. It reopened on December 19, 2018.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater