226 19th Street,
4 people favorited this theater
Opened as the Rocket Cinema on November 22, 1939 with Deanna Durbin in “Forst Love” & Randolph Scott in “20,000 Men a Year”. The single screen movie house was operated by Tri-State Theatres, headed by A.H. Blank and a subsidiary of Paramount Pictures Inc. All 800-seats were on a single level. Interior decorations were carried out by Hanns Teichert. It became the Capri Cinema October 25, 1968, but descended into discount status in the 1970’s and closed at the end of the 1980’s.
A nightclub was later installed inside the Capri Cinema, but it too closed.
In spring of 2005, the theatre, renamed the Brew and View II at the Rocket Cinema, reopened with, as the name implied, a “brew and view” format, which also featured live acts. This lasted until March 2006, and the building again became vacant. In the summer of 2010, it was taken over by a comedy club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater