Station Approach Fulham Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Walham Green area of the west London district of Fulham. Opened as the Broadway Gardens Cinema on 19th November 1910 with a seating capacity given as 816. The cinema was hidden from view from the main Fulham Broadway and was located up a narrow alley on the approach to Walham Green underground railway station (today known as Fulham Broadway tube station).
In 1937 it is listed as the Broadway Cinema with seating for 850 persons and from 1943 it was taken over by the Birmingham based Clifton Cinemas Ltd.
The Broadway closed on 26th March 1955 with Charles Chaplin in “Modern Times”. It was converted into a bingo hall, then after a few years it became an Irish social club named the Hiberian Club. By March 2000 it was in use as an all-night nightclub named the Leopard Lounge but this closed and the building has since been demolished.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater