Ben Hur Cinema
137a White Horse Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on White Horse Road, a side turning off the north side of Commercial Road in the Limehouse district of east London. The Palacedium Cinema opened in 1913 and was operated as an independent by Messrs. Prideaux & Son. Seating was provided on one floor. By 1917 the cinema was owned and operated by a gentleman with the name Ben Hur. In 1948 it was re-named the Ben Hur Cinema after the previous owner and continued for many more years as an independent local cinema.
It closed on 6th May 1962 with John Wayne in “Jet Pilot” and Fred MacMurray in “Quantez”. It was converted into an independent bingo club which closed in the mid-1980’s and since then has been in use as a snooker club named the ‘Stepney Snooker and Social Club’. The snooker club closed in 2007, and the building was demolished in 2008 with housing units built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater