Primrose Hill Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Globe Theatre opened in February 1913 and the architect was J.H. Gilbert who gave it a what has been described as a ‘marvellously ornate frontage’.
In 1925 it was taken over by Oscar Deutsch (his second cinema) and in 1928 the building was equipped with an orchestral organ. From 2nd April 1934 it had been leased out to independent operator H. Charles Orr and he operated it until 1939 when Oscar Deutsch took control again. By now it was a part of his Odeon Theatre’s Ltd chain although it retained the name Globe Cinema.
It was closed on 1st December 1956 and was converted into the Majestic Ballroom, operated by Top Rank. By 1963 it had become the Orchid Ballroom and bingo was being played there, operated by Mecca. From 1987 it was a Walkers Bingo Club but they closed it in 1989.
From February 1990 it became the TiC ToC (Theatre in Coventry Theatre of Coventry), an entertanment space which put on live performances, cabaret and community events. This closed in December 1991 and it became TT2 a music venue. In February 1995 it became the Colosseum, a nightclub which still hosts some live acts.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater