310 N. Division Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Rena Theatre opened in around 1938. It is believed that Rena was the wife of the first manager, who was also a partner in the business and was bought out early on. The Rena Theatre was one of two theatres in Kellogg operated by W.A. Simons and was owned by Simon Amusements. Their other theatre was the Liberty Theatre.
Simons continued to operate the Rena Theatre until the early 1990’s, when it sold to Magic Lantern Theatres of Edmonton, Canada. They upgraded the building (it had become quite run-down). The Magic Lantern operation proved unprofitable, largley because of the distance from Canada and difficulties with supervision. The Rena Theatre was rented out, with one tenant twinning it in the 1990’s. They divided the auditorium from the stage to the back wall. It was later sold and became part of the Polson Theatres chain. It was closed in the mid-2000’s, and was demolished in April 2011.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater