376 North Circular Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The State Theatre, located in Phibsborough, a district to the north of Dublin. It was a new build cinema by Odeon (Ireland) Ltd. to replace the former Phibsborough Cinema on the same site near Doyles Corner. Always a single screen cinema, it was the first Dublin cinema to be designed for CinemaScope presentations and it opened on 24th April 1954 with Anthony Steel in “West of Zanzibar”. It was designed by the architects O'Connor & Aylward. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. The proscenium was 45 feet wide.
It was closed by Odeon in 1974 as part of a substantial programme of cinema closures.
Briefly used for theatrical performances after closure, despite having no proper stage facilities, it later became a shop, an ice rink and is presently in use as a furniture vendor. The exterior is substantially unchanged but the interior has been altered.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater