Corvin Budapest Filmpalast
Corvin koz 1,
1 person favorited this theater
The Corvin Budapest Filmpalast is located on the Pest side of the city. It was opened on 22nd November 1922 and originally had a seating capacity of 1,200 and an orchestra of 32 musicians. The entrance is through three sets of double doors, above which is a stone sculptured bust of King Matthias Corvinus which is surrounded by nymphs. Behind this is a recessed balcony which contains a half dome rotunda that is topped by a clock. On each side of the entrance are sculptured relief panels by Jozsef Rona which are set into the facade.
The building suffered severe damage during the 1956 revolution. It was renovated and continued to be one of Budapest’s premier cinemas.
In 1996, further renovations were carried out and it was converted into a six screen multiplex (the second largest in the city) by adding additional screens which are all named after prominent people. The main screen now seats 460 the others seat;295, 252, 200, 122 and 90.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater