298 High Road,
1 person favorited this theater
Located in the north-west London suburb of Willesden. Opened in 1910/1911 as the Electric Palace with all seating (originally 450) on a single floor. The exterior of the building was decorated in a ‘Dutch’ style.
It had several owners over the years and by 1919/1920 it had changed ownership again and was re-named the Savoy Electric Theatre.
By 1934 it was operated by Lou Morris and re-named Savoy Cinema. It was taken over by Laurie Cinemas in 1942. By 1944 it back in the hands of Lou Morris and from 1949 it was the Metro Cinema. It closed on 24th August 1955 with Broderick Crawford in “Sabre and the Arrow” (Last of the Comanches) and Rex Reason in “Storm over Tibet”. The building became retail use as a radio and TV ariel business, which operated until at least 2004. In around 2008, it was in use as a Brazilian based church.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater