Odeon Park Royal
Ritz Parade, Western Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Located on the busy Western Avenue between Park Royal and closer to Hanger Lane Tube (underground) rail stations in North West London. Major W.J. King built, designed and opened the Ritz Cinema for his London and District Cinemas Ltd. The entrance was in the centre of a parade of shops (Ritz Parade) and was dominated by a large brick tower that had inlaid glass tiles which were lit from within and it was topped by a glass lantern light. Inside the auditorium there were 1,300 seats in the stalls and 550 in the balcony. There was also a large tea lounge/cafe provided which seated 120.
The Ritz was taken over by the Odeon Theatres chain from 27th March 1944 and was re-named Odeon from 22nd April 1946. It was sold off to the Classic chain of cinemas in December 1967 and was re-named Classic Cinema. A year later it was operating as a part time Vogue Bingo Club with films showing on Saturday & Sunday only by January 1969.
From 1st July 1972, bingo and regular weekend films had been dropped and it was re-named Tatler Cinema Club screening uncensored adult movies. Less than two years later on 5th February 1974 it had been taken over by an independent and was re-named Paradise Cinema screening Asian movies. This closed in June 1980 and the building was demolished in July/August 1983 and an office block Orbit House was built.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater