21 The Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the west London district of Ealing. The Ealing Cinematograph Theatre was the fourth to open, in a growing chain of Cinematograph Theatres built by Montagu Pyke. It was opened on 5th January 1910. It was located adjacent to the former Ealing Hippodrome Theatre. It was considered a luxurious cinema, which had a real fire in the entrance vestibule. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. The auditorium had a barrel shaped ceiling which was decorated in fibrous plaster, as was the the surround of the proscenium. In the lounge off the main foyer, patrons who had purchased tickets for the circle could relax in armchairs beside a fire and read the latest daily and weekly newspapers supplied by the cinema. There were two other lounges entered from inside the auditorium at stalls level, but these did not have a supply of newspapers.
In August 1913, the new owners of the Cinematograph Theatre purchased the adjacent Ealing Hippodrome Theatre and proceeded to demolish the adjoining wall and create a common entrance to the two buildings, the Cinematograph Theatre re-opened as the Broadway Cinema. These alterations were the plans of the architectural firm Emden & Egan.
The Broadway Cinema was later closed and converted it into a dance hall. The Ealing Hippodrome Theatre was re-named Broadway Palladium Cinema.
Both buildings was demolished in 1958 soon after the Palladium Cinema closed and shops were built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater