3175 N. Broadway,
4 people favorited this theater
Opened in 1915, the 525-seat Lake Shore Theater, in Chicago’s Lake View neighborhood, was a small neighborhood house, operated by Balaban and Katz.
By the 1980’s, it had become faded and run-down and was given a facelift when it was taken over in the late-1980’s by the Cineplex-Odeon chain (which also operated the historic Biograph Theatre in Lincoln Park at that time).
On April 1, 1988 it was renamed the Broadway Cinema, because of its location on the corner of Broadway and Belmont Avenue.
The Broadway Cinema was last operated as a movie theater by the short-lived Meridian chain until its bankruptcy in 2000.
In 2002 the Broadway reopened, under its original name, the Lake Shore Theatre, as a venue for live performances, with an emphasis on comedy acts. Due to high running costs on the ageing building, the Lake Shore Theater was closed on April 10, 2010, but was re-opened in November 2011 as The Laugh Factory.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater