No one has favorited this theater yet
The Majestic Cinema has an Art Deco style interior, designed by interior designers Mollo & Egan. It opened on 22nd November 1937 and was operated by Lou Morris. It became part of the Mayfair Circuit and was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) from 30th August 1938.
It was taken over by Star Cinemas in June 1969 and began a period of film and part time bingo. ABC took control again from March 1975 and it returned to full time cinema use, but they closed the cinema on 3rd December 1977. It was taken over by an independent operator and re-opened on 29th October 1978 and was twinned in 1982 with the two screens seating 500 in the former stalls and 200 in the former circle.
Now operated by the independent Reel Cinemas chain, it now operates as triple screen cinema with the former stalls area seating 500 and the former circle now sub-divided to seat two 86 seat screens.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater