491 Campbell Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
Opened in 1945, somewhat of a larger neighborhood theatre, located in the center of West Haven. The retail establishments include Coppola Tailors in the auditorium (side door), a DVD/video rental store and a vacant store. Ther front is brick with stucco on the second floor.
There are pilasters on the side of the auditorium and some stairs to the second level. The tailor shop was closed, but it’s evident they occupy the large auditorium. Their office was small but led into the auditorium with another door.
The aesthetic part is what the town did to the property. To the left is a large alley with decorative brick sidewalks leading to a concourse with several planters with saplings and lamp posts. The side and rear of the building is completely landscaped with trees and woodchips and curbwork, and a parking lot behind.
The storefront on the left was empty and had bicycle wheels and water bottles, so it will probably be a bike store. Inside were three long arches, reminiscent of an Italian or Mediterranean restaurant with a second set of smaller arches behind it, like the Coliseum. They were boarded up with light peeking through.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater