21 Foregate Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Gaumont Theatre opened on 28th October 1935. It was built by Provincial Cinematograph Theatres(PCT) who were a subsidiary of the Gaumont British Theatres chain.
The exterior was designed in a modern Georgian style carried out in brick and had a set of five large windows in the centre that admitted light into the 100 seat restaurant, located over the wide entrance foyer. The auditorium had an Art Deco style with seating arranged in a semi-stadium style, with a raised section at the rear. The proscenium was 50feet wide and 28feet high and the cinema was equipped with a fully equipped stage that was 70feet wide and 40feet deep. There was a Compton 3Manual/10Ranks theatre organ which had an illuminated console.
The Rank Organisation closed the Gaumont on 4th May 1974 and it was converted into a Top Rank Bingo Club, today operating as a Gala Bingo Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater