34 Rua de San Domingo,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Teatro Capitol was the only cinema listed on the cultural heritage list of the Macau SAR Government.
It opened to business on 13th April, 1931 with Maurice Chevalier in “The Love Parade”, and had an original seating capacity of 837.
It had a high arched door at the entrance as typical of the style of the cinemas in Canton, Hong Kong and Macau in the 1910’s and 1920’s.
Teatro Capitol closed on 1st August, 1987, and the interior of the theatre building was rebuilt into a shopping centre, while its exterior was preserved.
In 1991, a 380-seat auditorium was added on the second floor of the theatre building. It was closed on 1st September 1997.
The building has been converted into a ‘low-end’ mixed use market and arcade on four levels, which in March 2010 had only the basement in use as as a games arcade and the ground floor shop units, with the remainder of the building unused.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater