223 Great North Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the North Sydney suburb of Five Dock, this was originally known as the Victory Cinema which opened on 9th December 1925, with 1,150 seats. It was independently operated by F. Killick. In 1928, a 350-seat balcony was installed, to the plans of architectural firm Kaberry & Chard. In 1936, the balcony was enlarged to 550 seats. It was re-modeled in 1940, to the plans of architect Bruce Furse, re-opening on 29th June 1940 with 1,631 seats.
The Victory Theatre was closed on 6th February 1959 with “We’re No Angels” and “Girls From Treasure Island”. It was converted into the Ca’d'Or Reception Centre (Ca’d'Or is Italian for “Golden House”
It re-opened as the Ca’d'Or Cinema in August 1975, and eventually closed in November 1983.
In 1984 it was converted into a community hall/reception centre and has been in use as a dance centre known as Samian House. In December 2004 it was ‘For Sale and today in 2007, it is home to the Harbourside Christian Life Centre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater