110 Great North Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the north-western Sydney suburb of Five Dock, at the corner of Great North Road and Second Avenue. The Chelmsford Hall was licenced as a public hall from November 1914. It was converted into a 500-seat cinema in 1918. It was re-modeled in 1921, and a circle was added. At this time it re-opened as the Regal Theatre.
Seating was now provided for 1,000 in the stalls and 400 in the circle. In the early-1930’s, the building was used for dances, but returned to films in the mid-1930’s. In 1937, it was re-modeled in an Art Deco style by architects Crick & Furse.
In the early-1950’s, the Regal Theatre was being used for vaudeville, dances, wrestling, and as an indoor market. In the late-1950’s, it was converted into an ice skating rink, which closed in 1963. It stood derelict for several years, and was demolished in April 1969, and a service station was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater